Russian belongs to the family of Indo-European languages and is one of three living members of the East Slavic languages. Russian ) is a Slavic language used primarily in Russia, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan. It is an unofficial but widely spoken language in Ukraine, Moldova, Latvia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Estonia and, to a lesser extent, the other countries that were once constituent republics of the USSR. Written examples of Old East Slavonic are attested from the 10th century onwards
Why learn Russian Language:
- It is the most geographically widespread language of Eurasia and the most widely spoken of the Slavic languages.
- You can travel in dozens of ex-soviet countries where, it’s the vernacular language .
- It is also the largest native language in Europe, with 160 million native speakers in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
- Russian is the 8th most spoken language in the world by number of native speakers and the 4th by total number of speakers.
- The language is one of the six official languages of the United Nations.